Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yess!!

I have a paper I REALLY need to get working on so that I'll be free to enjoy dinner at a friend's house this evening, so I'll keep this brief. Yesterday was undoubtedly one of the happiest days of my whole life. You can bet I was excited & proud to vote in my first presidential election!

P1070782
(People kept thinking my sticker was a band-aid, haha.)

I celebrated at my aunt's house, which was PACKED with local Obama organizers & volunteers. We were a rowdy bunch, cheering like crazy for each state he picked up and we definitely lost our minds when he hit 270 electoral votes! I found myself shaking, crying, and grinning all at once as I fell into long hugs with both total strangers and people I've known since I was born.

Today I am beyond proud & happy. My face hurts from smiling so much. In class my professor asked for our reactions and all we could do was cheer & clap like crazy.

I really do have to go write that paper now! What was last night like for you? How do you feel today?

PS: Go check out Gala Darling's post Last Night in New York City -- sooo amazing!

3 comments:

Jasmin said...

What a memorable first voting experience. I was two weeks short of being 18 years old in 2000, and I felt like Bush won because I couldn't vote.

Anonymous said...

Numb.

Larjmarj said...

Your first election? What a memorable experience for you. You weren't the only one crying tears of joy!