Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall yarn.

Do you feel like I end every other post here with "and then I bought some pretty yarn, which I promise I will show you soon" but then never actually show you any yarn? That's probably because that's pretty much what I do. In an effort to correct this (and because I couldn't think of anything else I really wanted to talk about for today's NaBloPoMo post), I photographed my two most recent yarn purchases. We all know I'm predictable as can be when it comes to most of my color choices (green, green, brown, green, blue, green, green again...), but something about the stunning leaves this autumn made me really want to branch out (no pun intended). I searched in vain for yarn that came even remotely close to capturing the gorgeous oranges, golds, and reds I saw around me. Nothing was really doing it for me until I finally found these at Knit A Round:

P1070754
That's Claudia's Hand Painted fingering weight yarn in the colorway Copper Pennies. I think it has a bit more orange in it than came through in this photo.

I still can't get over how insanely beautiful this yarn is, and I'm undecided on what to do with it. Claudia's is great for socks, of course, and this would make the most beautiful pair of socks in the whole world, but I might want to use it for something a little more visible. Any ideas?

During that same trip I picked up some lovely worsted weight Malabrigo, which will be a hat of some nature:

P1070755
It's more reddish in real life but just as deliciously soft as it looks.

Hopefully my neighbors weren't looking out their windows just now, but if they were oh well -- I mean, who doesn't balance yarn on a corn stalk & photograph if from time to time?

2 comments:

yoli said...

I am so in love with those yarns! And the composition of the pictures. I am crushing hard on orange and purple this season so they both speak to me. You could make a hat with the fingering, specifically the Spin Me (right) Round slouchy hat! Or a cowl, lol.

Yarnhog said...

Beautiful, beautiful yarns. I never post mine because my husband reads my blog, and posting pictures would completely ruin the "yarn, what yarn, I haven't bought yarn in AGES!" line I've got going here.