Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mmm!

Today I made honey-peanut butter cookies:
P1070812

The flavor is very different from regular peanut butter cookies, but still good. I think my own reaction was mirrored by my friend Linda, who looked kind of puzzled at the first bite, took another, said "it's pretty good," and then, as she finished the cookie, exclaimed "I LOVE IT!" It takes a moment to get over the fact that they don't taste the way you expect them to, but once you adjust to that you can just appreciate them for their own unique deliciousness. I'll be appreciating them for a long time to come, actually, because those four in the picture are the only ones I made today. The rest of the dough is still in the fridge.

Oddly enough, you can see a scan of the recipe from the cookbook itself here -- hopefully that link will work for everyone. I'm dying to try the almond butter version but it'll probably have to wait a bit. Honey is expensive!

2 comments:

yoli said...

a;lkdjf;lsakd f PEANUT BUTTER?? Oh oven, I yearn for thee. They look delicious!

Yarnhog said...

I'll bet they're amazing; like honey-roasted peanuts...mmmm.