Friday, March 28, 2008

A pretty WIP & some pretty yarn!

My knitting just made my day!! I picked the cloud bolero back up a few days ago and finally got to the part where I separated the sleeves from the body. This is my first remotely lacy project and it's been sort of tough to tell what's going on while it's on the needles, so I really wasn't sure how it was looking. Once I finally had the sleeves separated, I could try it on & find out, and it turns out that I LOVE IT!

P1060190

P1060191


I can't believe it was actually making sense that whole time! The pattern as written would have that be all for the sleeves -- I was actually supposed to do a picot bind-off on the last row. But I think that looks kind of stupid, so I'm going to go for probably 3/4-length sleeves. I'll figure it out when I've got the body done.

Also, my yarn from HandPaintedYarn.com came yesterday!!

P1060178


It has more hot pink than I expected, and pink's not usually a color I go for, but isn't it beautiful? It's going to be Cherie Amour!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

yoli said...

LOVE IT. love the yarn (looks so smooshy!) and the color and I can't wait to see it with actual sleeves. :D

and that new yarn, *swoons* I'm going to hit up some yarn stores in NYC tomorrow and am super psyched. your yarn purchase is just a taste of what is to come!

Shorty said...

The yarn looks so soft and cushy.

I love the bolero. Can't wait to see it in person.

Larjmarj said...

Nice work! I can so see you wearing that other pattern too.