Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Give me ideas!

I have lots of baking goodness to share, but first let me just beg you guys to help me get inspired. I'm dangerously close to finishing my scarf and I have no idea what to knit next. What should I make for spring? I have some ideas so far but nothing that's really standing out and it's sort of depressing. Luckily I'll be yarn shopping this weekend, so I think that'll help.

Also, I've decided that I'm ready to come over to the Dark Side. That's right, guys -- I want to start knitting socks. I know that some of you bad influences have been waiting for this moment, so please recommend me some good beginner patterns and fill me in on where to find affordable sock yarn. (I just realized that this is a seasonally inappropriate urge on my part, since I never even wear socks when it's warm out, but...I guess I'll just be really prepared for next fall & winter!)

5 comments:

Larjmarj said...

YAY!!!
Socks!!!

Spring knitting? How about a cute cotton tank?

Diane said...

Good Luck with the socks! I tried them, didn't like them, refuse to give in to peer pressure to try again.

Have you made any good cookies lately?

ColorJoy LynnH said...

I knit and wear socks all year round. Other possibilities would be a small bag (felted), lighter-weight wristwarmers for wearing when mittens are too much, or, um, yeah. Socks.

And in the summer I'm all about tank tops. Super fast, wearable, so many washable yarns, relatively inexpensive. I have one or two on the back burner in my mind right now. I want to make one with Opal sockyarn. That way I can combine two obsessions.

LynnH

Shorty said...

Have you thought about wrist-warmers, lace, of course socks, maybe a toy or two. Felting is fun, but I'm a lover of sock knitting, so I'd say knit a pair of socks.

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

some kind of lacy shrug or shawl maybe? could be cute.