Thursday, April 10, 2008

Springy knitting.

Hi, everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long. I still haven't been baking, unfortunately (except for bread), but I'm knitting a lot and kinda jumping from project to project. The Cloud Bolero has hardly been touched since my last post. My stitch count is way off so I need to sit down with the pattern & figure out where I went wrong and how to fix (or, more likely, fudge) it. Since I'm too lazy to do that, I started Cherie Amour & got up to the waist shaping. I don't have any very good pictures of it just yet, but my cat Bob seems to like it, at least:

P1060248


By the time I finish that and the bolero it will (hopefully) be too warm to wear either of them. I am 100% ok with that, believe me!

Most excitingly, though, I've been working on my first sock! I know, I know, it seems like just yesterday I was saying I would never do socks, but it turns out they're actually really fun and quick. Here's mine over the weekend:

P1060235

It's grown quite a bit since then, actually. I'm already up past the heel. I love how quickly it moves and it's great to have in my purse to work on whenever I get bored. And isn't the yarn gorgeous? These socks are my contribution to Lynn of ColorJoy's "Knitting Spring into Existence" project. I think it's working, too!

P1060252

3 comments:

Shorty said...

What a cute little kitty.

I'm glad you are enjoying the sock knitting. And I hope you are now a sock knitting addict like the rest of us.

Thanks for helping kick us into spring!

Larjmarj said...

Yay socks!! Welcome to the fold.

Great pics...what kind of camera do you have?

See you Tues?

ColorJoy LynnH said...

The socks are great! I'm glad you are enjoying the process and the yarn.

Your bird photo is so clear he almost looks fake. Wonderful picture.

Happy very-early-springtime!
LynnH