Monday, November 12, 2007

First Post!

Oh, wow, this is exciting. See, I should be working on the two big papers I have due in the next couple days, + getting my massive amounts of history reading out of the way, but instead I (obviously) decided to do this. There are a few reasons I've been considering this blog thing for a while:
  1. Knitting, or more specifically Ravelry! Sweet, sweet, addictive Ravelry. I'm on there as fromblossoms (you should friend me!) and I keep wanting to link journal entries to my projects (rather than filling up the "pattern notes" section with every thought I ever had while working on something).
  2. My 2008 baking project. It's a much more reasonable resolution than the crazy ones I've made (and failed at) in previous years: I'm going to bake all 50 cookies on this list during the year. It'll be fun just to do for myself, but I think I'll enjoy it even more if I have somewhere public to post about it.
Up until now, my only blog-ish experience has been a LiveJournal I've faithfully kept for nearly six years. I love it so and am not planning on abandoning it, but (a) it's completely friends-locked, since I talk about my personal life more than anything else, and (b) my friends over there are getting really sick of hearing about knitting. I'll probably still torture them with discussion of it from time to time, but from now on this is my place for that.

So, welcome!

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Knit Blogging is a good thing...it allows us to go on and on about our fiber obsession without getting those uncomfortable sideways glances or eye rolls.

Do you need a quality control tester for those cookies?

Diane said...

Oh goody, another blog to read written by someone I know! I'm laughing at Marj's post about the eye rolls. Yep, I get those. But not on the knitting blog, heheheh!

I'll help eat those cookies too.

Leeann said...

Yes, thank goodness for eye-roll-free zones! Our Knit Nights fill that need for me in real life, but it's good to have an online place for it too.

You can both help! I'll be bringing lots & lots of them to our meetings. :)