Friday, July 25, 2008

Meh.

If two items can constitute a "spree," I think we can say I'm on a finishing spree! Or in a finishing frenzy, or something. Either way, this morning I dug out the hat that had been abandoned since May and took the 5 minutes to finally finish it off. It's Mary Jane's Pithy Hat. I was pretty in love with the pattern when I first saw it, but now I'm less sure:

P1070060

Maybe I should've made it slouchier? Maybe all hats just look kinda weird on me? I don't know. I'm thinking I'll keep it until it gets cold out and see if I come to like wearing it. If not I'll just give it away.

P1070065


The pattern was really easy but I didn't enjoy working on it much. Almost all the stitches are either k2tog through the back loop or p2tog. Both of those will kinda hurt your hands after a while! It's also riddled with errors, as I'm pretty sure you can see, because I did most of the knitting in public/I'm lazy about fixing things.

Oh well. Tomorrow = yarn-shopping and today I started a new pair of socks! More on that soon.

3 comments:

Ashe said...

No meh! The hat looks really great! The slouch is actually quite perfect, IMO. I have a HUGE hat that is much slouchier, and it becomes really difficult to wear because there's no wear for the fabric to go.

Larjmarj said...

I think it looks cute!

I know what you mean about certain stitches being a little hard on the hands.

Anonymous said...

It looks really cute on you!