Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A few notes & questions.

  1. I've gone ahead & signed up for the Ravelympics. What are the Ravelympics? I'm not entirely sure. I think the basic idea is that you pick a project (or a couple) to complete during the Olympics, something that'll be a challenge for you to finish in that amount of time. I'm being super-ambitious with this and have three mitten patterns I'm going to attempt! Really if I finish one pair I'll be impressed with myself, but I figured I may as well aim high. So my event is the Mitten Medley, but I don't have a team yet. Are any of you on teams you'd like me to join?

  2. I reached the heel on my new sock today! Yay! Details & pictures as soon as there's actually something interesting to show you.

  3. For the rest of the summer I'm sticking to small, accessory-type items, but I've got my heart pretty set on making a sweater in the fall. At first I was really fixated on the idea of a hoodie, but now I'm thinking the hood isn't so essential (I never use the hoods on hoodies I own, anyway). I do want it to be versatile, though, something easy to wear that I can get a ton of use out of over the winter. I'm browsing patterns now but I'd love suggestions! I'm open to cardigans or pullovers. Here are just a few of the possibilities I've gathered so far (Ravelry links):

  4. Tuesday Panera crew, I miss you all! This summer hasn't been that busy for me or anything, but somehow Tuesday evenings are the one time I always seem to have something going on. I'm sorry that it works out that way, but I just wanted to note that I haven't forgotten you (quite the contrary!) & that look forward to being able to make it down there sometime soon. ♥!

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

LOVE you too man!!

My 2 cents...I like the dollar and a half cardi. I am all about asymmetry though.

Meghan said...

Hi Leeann! [followed you here from your sweet comment on my blog] I feel similarly about summer knits--I grew up in swampy Chicago summers. I'm thinking that these short sleeved cotton sweaters would be ok on mild summer days or perhaps spring! Anyway, thanks for stopping by earlier!