Tuesday, January 22, 2008

This is just a quick note to say that spit-splicing is officially the grossest and GREATEST thing I have ever done while knitting! I hadn't heard of it before tonight, when it came up in conversation with my awesome knitting group. I ended up trying it just now, to join the 2nd & 3rd skeins of my cardigan, and it was SO COOL! No wasting precious yarn, no weaving in ends!!!! Definitely worth a few moments of feeling really weird about the fact that you are playing with spit and wool.

Ok, back to knitting, I just had to share my excitement!

3 comments:

Diane said...

I've heard of spit splicing, but have never seen it actually performed, glad it worked for you! Your cookies were awesome last night, and it was so good to see you! Hope you had yummy food at the Mexican restaurant.

Larjmarj said...

I was greatly relieved when I learned this technique. I HATE to weave in ends. and I hate to waste yarn. It's a little furry on the tongue but no worse than when I nibble on my dog. ;-)

It holds up well too. The trick is to really fray those ends and blend them together before hand felting.

How was the Mex food? Now I'm totally craving it. Mmmm.....botana's at Mexican Gardens.

Anonymous said...

Yes it is a pretty cool thing. Not something that you really want to be doing in public, but cool nonetheless.