Friday, May 16, 2008

Cloud Bolero: Kinda Finished.

So I'm done with the Cloud Bolero & my feelings are very mixed:
P1060461
P1060458
(Try to ignore all those ends I haven't yet woven in!)

Don't get me wrong, I think it might be the prettiest thing I've ever knit! But I am much less than thrilled with the picot edging (translation: all those silly little triangles at the bottom) and also with the way it fits. It's perfect around my neck & shoulders, but it really flares out at the bottom. Soooooooo I think I have to rip out the picot edging (which I suspect will be a hellish endeavor) & maaaybe even go back farther to add shaping (which I am probably too lazy to do). I am totally not excited to do those things, which of course is why I am taking & posting pictures rather than doing them. :)

2 comments:

Yarnhog said...

If you were to take out the picot edging and replace it with a few rows of garter stitch, it would pull in the bottom and get rid of that outward flare. I don't think you need to go back and add shaping. It looks very pretty and is certainly worth a little extra effort.

Anonymous said...

I've seen picot in patterns and been really "eh" on it. (this is supposed to be somewhat supportive but I don't know if it actually is, sorry if it's not!) I do really like the color and the lace pattern though.

What if you sewed elastic in or threaded a ribbon that you could tie for both shaping and picot minimizing? (not ripping=great!)