Saturday, February 2, 2008

A very quick FO.

I have SO MUCH to blog about, guys! Cookie #4, an AWESOME package from Hasbu, yarn shopping, and more! I'm going to make this just a quick post, though, to show off my latest tiny little FO, and I promise to start blogging all that other stuff tomorrow.

I absolutely hate Valentine's Day, ok? Or...I pretend to. It's definitely a lame Hallmark holiday that encourages people to associate romantic love with the conspicuous consumption of the products of some really brutal industries, blah blah blah. Stupid [hetero]sexist marketing, making single people feel crappy, etc. etc. etc. You know what else, though? Hearts are freaking adorable and I am a big sucker for heart-shaped anything, which means that I secretly love checking out Valentine's merchandise, even if I think the holiday itself is dumb. (Also Valentine's Day = people buying flowers, which means I get to help out at my aunt's flower shop & make some money!) Anyway, you can only imagine my delight, then, at creating this inside of an hour:

P1050732

It's a TINY WOOLLY HEART!! I challenge you to imagine anything more useless awesome.

I used this pattern but skipped the filling & eyes. I wanted something flat to mail inside a letter or card. I did felt it, though, just to see what that was like -- I did it by hand in the sink, just to the point where it started to get a little fuzzier & smaller. That looked good to me so I stopped. Like I said, I will probably make zillions more of these -- such a combination of instant gratification and cuteness pretty much demands that I do. And imagine all the dumb stuff you could do with them! Valentine's cards! Patches! Um...cards for other occasions! Magnets! Ornaments! ...Things that you can just kinda have and look at!! See, they are totally useful items.

K, like I said, more tomorrow!

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Cute!!

Diane said...

I totally absolutely hate Valentine's Day. But I like your heart!