Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A disappointing day with some good knitting.

I was so excited to go meet up with my fellow knitters at Caribou tonight but it did not work out. I had a paper I needed to finish first and I definitely thought it would be done by the early afternoon but every time I read back over it I noticed contradictions and flaws, and basically it's 11:30ish now and the thing is STILL not done. Ugh. I've never struggled so much with a paper. Pretty soon I'm going to just save what I have and resolve to turn it in whether I think it's perfect or not, but I thought I'd take a break & post before going over it for the gazillionth (and hopefully LAST) time.

I've been taking lots of breaks, really, to try to clear my head & be able to return to the paper with a fresh perspective. Usually that helps. Today it didn't but I still did some cool stuff with my breaks. For one thing, I finished a second Calorimetry as a gift for my wonderful friend Kenna. I can't show you a picture of it before I give it to her, but I can show you the yarn:

P1050748
Filatura di Crosa 127 print in colorway 50, "Forest"


Isn't it gorgeous? It's the first variegated yarn I've really liked and I truly love the way it knit up! I'll show you guys when I can.

I also finished seaming the first sleeve on my cropped cardigan, so you finally get a picture:
P1050754

Isn't it cute? Eventually it'll close with a cool button, and don't mind all that white yarn -- it's just a lifeline. I took much longer to knit the sleeve than to knit the body, and longer still to seam the damn sleeve. I think this just goes to show how much I hate doing boring things. :)

Ok, ok, back to work!

5 comments:

Hasbu said...

You cardi looks great! I totally love the color, it's perfect.

Larjmarj said...

I know, I didn't make it last night either, just all hormonal and burned out. bleah.

The cardi is too cute! You know I love the color!

Shorty said...

You were missed! I hope to see you next week.

The cardi looks great. Can't wait to see the finished project.

Anonymous said...

OK, so now I'm feeling guilty for IM-ing you when you should have been working on your paper!

Kenna M. Kettrick said...

I am sooooo excited to see it!

Also I ADORE the cardigan! Is it from the lava pattern?