Sunday, December 2, 2007

Another FO: Fetching!

I finally finished my fingerless gloves today! The second one took me a while because it was sort of boring to do the same thing twice in a row. They look good, though, I think:





Again, I'm not crazy about the picot bind-off, and I think if I make them again I'll make them longer in both the wrist & finger areas. Still, they were a nice little project and I'm very pleasantly surprised to say they only used up a skein of my lovely Irish yarn!

The project details can be found at my Ravelry, of course, but here's what I learned from making these:
  • Magic Loop knitting, aka my new favorite thing in the whole world! I may still want to learn to use DPN's someday, but for now I'm just thrilled as can be with this method. It also seems much more portable than DPN's could possibly be, which is a definite plus in my book.
  • The cable cast-on, which I like quite a bit.
  • The magic of strategic end-weaving. What holes?
I think that's everything. :)

Now I need to really focus on the holiday knitting. (How many times am I going to say that before I actually do it?) First I need to go supply-shopping, though, since nothing I really want to make ever seems to use the millions of needle sizes I already have. Such is life, I suppose.

2 comments:

Larjmarj said...

I love both the magic loop method and cable cast on. I use cable cast on for most everything other than socks. Socks need a stretchier cast on so I use the long tail method. You did great!!

Diane said...

Your gloves turned out gorgeous! I want to make some too! I can do the cable cast on, but forget the long tail cast on, ughhhhhh, I just can't do it. I sat here the other night with the knittinghelp.com website trying over and over, just couldn't get that last part right. I'll try again another time.