Thursday, September 3, 2009

First FO in who knows how long...

Wow, I think I almost forgot what it feels like to actually finish a project. Here are my lovely blue Fargyle socks:

I completed them about a week ago and they were lots of fun. The pattern is so so clever! I think some time I might like to re-chart it so it could be done in fingering weight with more, smaller argyle-esque diamonds...but I'm getting ahead of myself. For now I'll just enjoy this pair, which is very comfy and incredibly warm.


Shortly after finishing those I began knitting some fingerless mitts for E. The pattern is improvised and going fairly well. I'm planning to have them completed in time for Harvest Gathering, though I must admit to being a little nervous about that since I just took a whole month to knit DK-weight socks. So far so good, though, and I have the added incentive of knowing there is incredibly gorgeous handspun yarn waiting for me to play with it just as soon as I finish the mitts. Photos of said yarn next time!

3 comments:

Larjmarj said...

Yay!! nice to see you knitting again! The socks are too cute.

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Harvest Gathering? We're going to be there Friday night/Saturday morning. The Vaudeville show we did in Lansing last spring, will be repeated in the Barn on Friday night at 9pm. Hype!

Do flag me down if you see me... we can't stay too long because Brian has a dance to play in Lansing on Saturday night.

LynnH

ColorJoy LynnH said...

Oh... cool socks. I think I got a little distracted about maybe seeing you again.

LynnH